I had a bunch of leftover deli meat in the refrigerator this weekend that I wanted to use, so I decided to chop it up and throw it into my Sunday morning breakfast potatoes along with some fresh herbs and arugula. This dish was so simple to make and turned out absolutely delicious. You can use any kind of small potato for this recipe and any kind of deli meat that you choose. I used a red, gold, and purple potato medley that I had picked up from Trader Joes along with some prosciutto and mortadella that I had picked up from the Whole Foods deli.
I also LOVE serving breakfast potatoes with eggs over easy or medium. It really compliments the dish.
Breakfast Potatoes with Proscuitto, Mortadella, Rosemary, and Shaved Parmesan
- 6-8 small potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large handful arugula, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 3 slices mortadella, chopped
- 4 slices proscuitto, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- White truffle oil (optional)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
Add the potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes, or until they start to slightly brown. Then add the onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until they start to brown. Season with salt (very little because the proscuitto is salty), pepper, and drizzle with truffle oil. Add the arugula and rosemary, cook for 30 seconds, then remove from heat. Add the proscuitto and mortadella and mix well.
Top with parmesan cheese.