This shrimp ceviche recipe is a perfect low-carb and low-cal dish that uses fresh ingredients and is super filling. You can eat it straight out of the bowl or with some tortilla chips on the side. It’s also super simple to prepare; just chop everything up and toss it in a bowl. Total prep time is about 20 minutes. And for a large bowl of the ceviche, about 1/3 of the recipe, it’s only about 350 calories. Eating healthy ain’t so bad, huh? Enjoy!
- 1 pound jumbo, cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped into thirds
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut into fourths
- 2 avocados, sliced into thick chunks
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon serrano pepper, finely diced, seeds removed (you can add more to your recipe if you want your ceviche spicier)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the red onion, lime juice, and olive oil in a small bowl and let marinate for 5-10 minutes. While the mixture is marinating, chop up the tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro. Next, you’ll want to dice up your serrano pepper, but be very careful while you’re removing the seeds and dicing it, as the heat of the pepper can burn your skin if you’re not careful. It might be a good idea to use gloves or a plastic baggie over your hands while handling the pepper.
In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, avocado, tomato, and serrano pepper. Add the red onion, lime, and olive oil mixture and gently toss. Season with salt and pepper and the cilantro, then toss one more time.